Monday, August 11, 2008
First Day of School
Now that Erik is back in town and Jackson is a little older, I have decided to go back to work full time. I start my new job next week! Jackson will be going to a great school/daycare near our house. We decided to start him there for a few hours a day a week early so that he (and I) could adjust, and so that I could get some things done (dr. appointments, etc.) before I start work. So, today was his first day of school! He was there from about 8:30 until noon today. He cried a little when I said goodbye, but his teacher said he was pretty happy the rest of the time. The kids were going down for naps when I picked him up. The teacher said, "Jackson, look who's here!", and he jumped up crying and ran to me. For some reason he always cries when we pick him up (from the church nursery, etc.) as if he's just remembering that we left him! His teacher gave us 4 pictures of his first day of him playing outside, eating, and finger painting! (The pictures will not be posted b/c I don't have a scanner...sorry!) Jackson was very tired when he got home and went right to sleep for his nap. It's going to be sad leaving him there everyday, all day :( ...but at least we have this week to slowly get used to it. Plus, I think he will have lots of fun, make new friends, and learn a lot!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
It is very hard to leave them-- but he will learn to love it and will make tons of friends... as well as learn so much! My boys have always been in Daycare and it had never gotten easier on me... but I know that they enjoy it!
Aww - I know it must be hard to leave him! You're right though - I bet he'll love it. :)
And congrats on your new job! What will you be doing?
i will be in the same boat soon enough -- it makes me sad to think about leaving him in daycare all day. :( on a different note, where are you going to be working now???
Post a Comment